Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hummingbird!

So I mentioned on Facebook the other day that I had a hummingbird in my yard.  I finally got a couple of pics of him, or her.



Now I haven't seen him since! :(  AND, today I was changing the nectar and broke my feeder. Double :(
I ran out to Lowe's to buy a new one and their selection is now pretty limited.  I saw one I wanted on clearance hung waaaaay up high on the display hook.  I finally got someone to get it down for me and realized it was all plastic!  (my other one was glass and heavier)  I decided to get it anyway because I was in a hurry.  Brought it home, filled it up, picked it up by the hangar, and all the nectar came out all over my counter!!!!!!!!!  Quite a sticky mess!  Long story short, it locks and unlocks for "ease of filling."  Uh huh.  It wasn't that easy.  After finally getting it filled correctly, without a lot of mess, I hung it back outside.    He's been at my mother in law's...I saw him there today.  All I can say is, this damn bird better come back after I've gone to all this trouble!  *sigh*

~Peace
Dawn Pin It

4 comments:

  1. He is cute.. you should have went to Home Depot..
    Have a great week..
    hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a Home Depot! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Males have red necks. The red is very obvious, which makes me think the pic is of a female. I'm excited that they are visiting your house. They tend to come back each year so that's something to look forward to, hm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know Sandy :) Thanks for the bird identification lesson. Still haven't seen her again. I keep refreshing the nectar, just in case.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...