Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No Bake Peanut Butter Bars

With the break in the hot weather here, I got all fired up this morning to do stuff. I went for a 4 mile walk, did dishes, laundry and made some food!  I wanted to make a dessert this time and I had a recipe for No Bake Peanut Butter Bars.  I L.O.V.E. chocolate and peanut butter desserts and this one looked pretty easy.  I got the recipe from the Six Sisters website.  They have some great ideas!  You should check it out.

No Bake Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients:
Bottom layer
1 C butter melted
2 C graham cracker crumbs (I used the boxed kind)
2 C confectioners’ sugar
1 C peanut butter
Top layer
4 Tbl peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 11x7 inch pan (They did theirs in a 9x9 inch, but I didn't have one that size.  You could also use a larger pan to make them thinner.). In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted until smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.


Bottom layer pressed into pan.


Ready for the fridge.


Yum!!!

Everyone said this is a pretty good dessert for as quick and easy as it is.  It's a nice alternative to baking something in the oven on hot days and it's so easy!

I've got a crockpot lasagna going, too.  I've never done that before so I'll let you know how it turns out later.

~Peace
Dawn Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...