Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Taco Crap. It's What's for Dinner.

After mentioning the Taco Crap dinner the other day on Facebook, I've had many requests for the recipe.  I don't actually have a written down version that I stick to all the time, but I'll try to type it out.  I also don't have any pics to show you.  Maybe I'll take some the next time I make it.  It's VERY easy!!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients:
cooked ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning (many recipes would call for 1 lb., but I use closer to 2 lbs.)
1 package of flour taco shells
1 package of shredded taco seasoned cheese (don't know how many ounces it is...16oz? We like a lot of cheese!)
1 can refried beans
anything else you like in tacos...tomatoes, chiles, corn, whatever

I use 2 glass deep dish pie pans for this recipe.  It's basically just layers of all the ingredients.

Grease pans
Spread beans on one taco shell and put in bottom of dish.
Layer some of the ground beef on top.
Add tomatoes, chiles, or anything else you want.
Sprinkle with some cheese.
Repeat layers 2 more times ending with a plain taco shell on top and covered it in cheese.

Then I do the same in the other dish, except without beans because my boys don't like them.  I end up using 4 shells per dish.

Cover with foil (spray it with Pam so the cheese doesn't stick to it) and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so until heated through.

I serve it with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and taco rice (that I buy in a package at HyVee) on the side.

Another version I do is to layer beans, meat and cheese in a 9x13 pan, cover with Fritos, then heat it up.  I like it, but my family likes the original Taco Crap better.

There it is.  The ever popular Taco Crap recipe!  Enjoy!

~Peace
Dawn

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Let's see if the comment works this time! Hoping to try your taco crap very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! It worked! :) Taco crap is a family fave here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...