Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Animals, Tacos and Muffins, Oh My!

I was a busy little girl yesterday!  Spent some time at Wildlife Prairie Park on a beautiful, sunny, perfect 80 degree day!  The animals were out and about and I got a few good pictures.





When I got home, it was great to have dinner ready in the crockpot.  I have made this before so I know it's delicious!  Crockpot Chicken Tacos.  I got it off of Pinterest, of course. :)  

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:
1 envelope Taco Seasoning
6 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 16-ounce jar Salsa

Directions:
Dump everything into a crock pot and give it a little stir to blend the seasoning with the salsa. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when stirred with a fork.

I follow the recipe, basically.  I do two layers of chicken breasts though and put some seasoning and salsa on each layer.  I cooked it on low for 6 hours.  There is quite a bit of liquid in pot after cooking so I remove the chicken when it's done and shred it in a bowl.  It shreds very easily with a spatula or fork.  Then I dispose of most of the liquid, keeping about 1/2 cup.  Then I put the chicken back in the crockpot with the reserved liquid and keep it warm until it's ready to be served.  


I served it with traditional taco fixings.  I actually like these chicken tacos much better than regular beef tacos now.  :)  My family all says they taste great, too so it's not just me!


So, since I had extra time before dinner because of using the crock pot, I made some brownies, or cookies, or muffins, it's hard to tell! lol!  You'll understand in a minute.  My wonderful friend, Nicole, brought this dessert to our last book club.  She found it on Pinterest, but it's hard to tell who to give the original credit to because the pin doesn't really take you to a website.  I made it for my family yesterday and it seems that it's been a huge success!  I wasn't sure what exactly to call them either because there's not really a title to the pin.  It does say "awesomeness in a pan" but I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be the name.  I originally thought about calling them Crack Muffins because they're that good!  I settled for OMG! Muffins.  So really, if you make them, call them whatever you want.  They are EASY!!!!!!!!  I could basically just show the pictures and I bet you could figure it out. :)



Make sense?  

OMG! Muffins

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Pillsbury pull apart chocolate chip cookies
1 pkg. brownie mix (mix according to package directions)
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (24 if you're making that many)

Directions:
Grease muffin pan
Flatten 1 cookie in bottom of each muffin well
Put one peanut butter cup on top of the cookie dough
Cover peanut butter cup with brownie batter - I used my new Pampered Chef medium scoop to put about 2 tablespoons of batter on top.  

I baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until the brownie looked done on top.  It was a little difficult to get some of them out of the pan in tact because the peanut butter cup layer wanted to fall apart.  I have to think though, that even if they came out in one big blob, they'd still taste delicious!  I don't think they turned out too bad though.


At book club, we had them with ice cream.  I ate one last night with a glass of milk.  I highly recommend them either way. :)

You're welcome!

~Peace
Dawn



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. OMW.. both of those I will have to try... YUMMY...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...