Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Breakfast Omelette Muffins

I have been making this recipe for awhile now but just getting around to adding it to the blog.  I got the recipe from this site but made some minor changes.

Breakfast Omelette Muffins


Ingredients:
1lb. Italian sausage (whatever flavor you prefer)
1 Cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
8 large eggs
1/4 Cup milk (or half and half)
1/2 Tbs vegetable oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2.  In a large saute pan, brown sausage over medium heat until cooked.  Remove from heat.
3.  Stir in mushrooms (may cook on low for a few minutes to soften mushrooms)
4.  Whisk together eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and baking powder.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
5.  Lightly spray 12 cupcake pan with Pam.  Spoon the sausage and mushroom mixture into each cup, dividing evenly.
6.  Ladle egg mixture over sausage and mushrooms
7.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
8.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Edges will be slightly browned when done.


They are so easy and so delicious!  They get 5 out of stars from everyone here.  As you can see, I used mushrooms when the original recipe calls for broccoli.  You could add about anything you wanted to in there...bacon, peppers, spinach, different cheeses.  I actually add the parmesan (a handful) to the egg mixture instead of sprinkling on top.  During the school year, I make a batch and keep them in the fridge so Kelin can just pop one in the microwave for a minute (or less) and have a good, but fast, breakfast.  They will last covered in the fridge for several days.  I've even taken them for my lunch on occasion.  I haven't tried freezing them so I don't know how that would work.  Make sure you use a good, non-stick pan to bake them in though.  The first time I made them I used an old cupcake pan.  Even though I sprayed each cup, they stuck like crazy!  I soaked, scrubbed, and washed that pan off and on for over a week and never did get all the egg off of it!  I bought a brand new Wilton pan and it's great!  The muffins pop right out.  Happy eating!

~Peace and love
Dawn




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That I am going to try when Nick and Samantha get here.... looks yummy..
    Thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...