Friday, June 22, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan

It's a keeper!  4 out of 5 stars from Kelin and me (the others weren't available for opinion polling at time of this post).  It's so easy and delicious.  I got the recipe from the Chef in Training blog.  It's actually a pretty good blog with tons of recipes.
Here's the recipe as she has it on the website:

Ingredients:
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 t black pepper
1/4 t kosher salt
1 TBSP olive oil
1 egg, beaten
sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese (I bought a 2 Cup bag of shredded)
favorite jarred marinara sauce

Directions:
Spread the 1 TBSP of olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot stoneware insert.
Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl.
Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish.
Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like.
Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.
Close lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4.
Serve with your favorite pasta. ( I used bow tie because that's what I had in the cupboard)

I did follow the directions, mostly.  Of course I used a crockpot liner though! L.O.V.E. those things!  I think I had about 8 chicken breasts.  Because of using that much chicken, I had to layer it.  I coated the first three chicken breasts and put them on the bottom.  Then I poured about 1/3 of the marinara sauce over the chicken followed by 1/3 of the shredded mozarella.  I made three layers total ending up with marinara and mozarella on top.  I cooked it on high for about 5 hours but should have turned it off at 4 or 4.5 hours.  (I got busy and forgot about it).  I didn't take pictures because I was busy getting ready for my book club that night.  This is the picture from her website and it basically looks the same.  Mine has more cheese on top though. :)



So if you need a delicious crockpot meal, give this one a go!

~Peace
Dawn Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...