Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Epic Fail Dessert

At first, I wasn't even going to post about this recipe because it was so awful.  Then I remembered that one of my goals here was to try recipes and let you, my wonderful readers, know the real scoop on them - good and bad.  So, without further ado, I give you Orange Cream Freezer Dessert.


Orange Cream Freezer Dessert Recipe

Ingredients

  • 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup butter, melted
  • 3-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
  • 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed

Directions

  • In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans. Cover and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
  • In a large bowl, combine ice cream and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Spoon over crusts (pans will be full). Freeze for 10 minutes or until partially firm.
  • Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; gently press down. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 desserts (24 servings each).
Sounds good in theory.  I LOVE to make Orange Crush floats!  I like orange sherbert.  I even like the orange twist ice cream cones you get some places so it stands to reason that I should like this.  However,  this was pretty nasty tasting.  If you happen to be the originator of this recipe, I'm truly sorry, but it's the truth in my house.  I cut the recipe in half (thank, God!) to just make one pan.  Bottom line:  it was waaaay too orangey (is that word??)!  It was totally inedible.  Lance and tried to choke it down, but no go.  If you really want to try making it, I'd suggest adding the OJ a couple of ounces at a time and tasting as you go.  If you find a combination that works, let me know.  I really wanted to like this recipe.  Oh well, my first crummy recipe.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.

~Peace

Dawn
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...