Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chicken Caesar Sandwiches and Lemonade Chex Mix

We have another winner!  My family unanimously agrees that this recipe will go into our regular rotation.  It's sooooooooo easy and tastes soooooooooooo good!  I got the recipe from Chef in Training. 


Chicken Caesar Sandwiches

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (I used Chicken Breasts)
1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
12 slider buns or 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns

Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon and drain the water from the slow cooker. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.
Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto each slider bun if you are making sliders or more for regular sized buns. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce to serve.

I really followed the directions for the most part.  It's pretty hard to mess this up.  I cooked one whole bag of those frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 pieces) and that made quite a large batch. 
After it was cooked, I shredded the chicken.  I took all of the liquid from the crockpot, but reserved about 1 cup just in case. 
I put the shredded chicken back into the crockpot and added 1 whole cup of the caesar dressing, one cup of parmesan cheese, 2 tsp of parsley and a little pepper.  Stir until it's mixed well.  I did add about 2 or 3 tablespoons of the crockpot liquid back in because it seemed a little dry. 
Turn the crockpot back on low and heat it up for about 30-45 minutes. 


You could serve it on any kind of bread or bun that you like.  I used bakery fresh wheat hamburger buns.  This is so quick and easy for a busy night's dinner!  (sorry my picture is so light)  It also makes great leftovers, hot or cold!


I also made another recipe on the same day...

Do you like puppy chow?  No, not the dog food!  That yummy, powdered sugar chex stuff.  If you do, you really need to try this one!  I got it from Somewhat Simple.  And definitely is simple!


Lemonade Chex Mix

9 cups rice Chex
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 cup unsalted butter
4 tsp lemon zest
2 TBS lemon juice
2 cups powdered sugar

Pour cereal into a large bowl and then set aside.
Melt the chocolate, butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a microwave safe container. Melt for one minute. Stir. Melt for additional 30 second intervals until smooth when stirred.
Pour melted mixture over cereal and gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
Transfer the cereal into a gallon ziploc bag. Add the powdered sugar and shake. 

That's it!  I happened to have 4 teenagers at my house at the time of this recipe testing.  They were my first testers and all said it was really good!  I have to give a shout out to Mike, Colton, Kelin, and Kenny for being my guinea pigs on this one!  Thanks guys. :)  It has a hint of lemon flavor that seems perfect for a summer snack.

When I make it again though, I will stir the chex as I'm pouring in the melted coating.  I just dumped it in all at once this time and it sort of clumped up on some of the chex.  Regardless, it was still good!




Thanks for reading!

~Dawn

I was part of this Linky Party!  Check it out!


The Girl Creative

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...