Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Crock Pot BBQ Beef

This is going to be a short and sweet post.  It seems I've spent too much time on the computer lately and not enough time reading.  I'm very behind in my books!  I have to finish A Discovery of Witches so I can start our next book club book, Gone Girl. 

So, I found this tasty looking recipe for BBQ pork.  I wanted to make it for dinner, but I didn't have a pork roast.  I did, however, have a nice looking piece of beef.  I also didn't have Diet Coke.  I never have anything diet at my house!  I did have Pepsi though.  AND, I didn't have Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.  However, I did have Kraft Honey BBQ sauce.  So basically, I only used this recipe to give me the idea of combining BBQ sauce and soda pop.  :)

Crockpot BBQ Beef (or Pork)

Place your roast in your crockpot (don't forget to use a liner!!!!!).  Use whatever size your family will eat.  I think mine was about 3 pounds. 

Sprinkle it with Lawry's seasoning salt (or your favorite seasonings). 

Cover it with your favorite BBQ sauce.  I used an entire 18 oz bottle of Kraft Honey BBQ Sauce. 


Pour in one can of Pepsi, Coke, or whatever dark soda pop you have.  I wouldn't use anything like Sprite.  


I cooked it on low for 8 hours.  When it was done, I transferred it to a large pan and shredded it with my handy Pampered Chef Mix and Chop! :)
I then added another few squirts of BBQ sauce.  Sorry about the not so technical cooking term there.  Maybe it was about 1/2 cup of sauce.  I hardly ever measure when I'm doing things like this.  I also added 3 ladles full of the reserved liquid from the crockpot.  I stirred this all together over a low flame to keep it all warm. 





It made a pretty good meal!  Everyone liked and said I should make it again! :)



Happy eating!

~Dawn




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...