Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Easy Banana Bread

Well, it has bananas in it and it smells like banana bread, but I didn't actually taste the banana too much.  It was good, but I would call it more of an easy chocolate chip cake.  I got this from Artsy Fartsy Mama (love that name! LOL!)  It was easy!  Here's the recipe:

Easy Banana Bread

Yellow Cake Mix
2 Eggs
3-4 Overripe Bananas
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
Smash bananas in a large bowl then add remaining ingredients and mix well. Batter will fill 2 small loaf pans or one large loaf pan. Make sure to spray pans well with nonstick cooking spray and a little bit of flour.
Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes (bake longer if using larger loaf pan)
 
I used 3 small bananas, put it in a 9 inch loaf pan and baked for about 40 minutes.  Maybe I should've used 4 bananas for more banana flavor.  I also used about 1 cup of chocolate chips which was a good amount, and NO NUTS!  I hate nuts in baked goods!  
 
It sunk in the middle for some reason.  Who knows!  Again, I'm not a baker! 
 
Stop the presses!  This just in:  Kelin just ate a slice and I asked him if he tasted banana and he said yes.  Maybe my taste buds are off. :)  Either way, it was a pretty tasty quick dessert and a way to use up those too ripe to eat bananas.  I generally have chocolate chips and a cake mix on hand so this could be made for last minute guests as well. 
 
~Dawn
 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Lovely lovey recipe- I was looking for a banana bread recipe and stumbled upon this.As I Made one, and blogged it too, but this one makes me want to try again!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stopped by! This didn't turn out quite as much like banana bread as I thought it would, but it was still good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...