Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hawaiian Fluff

So I don't post for a week, and now do two in one night!  I'm on a roll!  If you read my last post, you already know that I took two desserts to a cookout last weekend.  I took That Dessert Stuff and Hawaiian Fluff.  Both are very good and even though they have a similar "fluff", they taste very different.  My sister-in-law, Lesa, gave me this recipe but I wrote it down so sloppily that I couldn't totally understand my own instructions. LOL!  So I just kind of improvised and here's what I came up with....

Hawaiian Fluff

Ingredients:
2 (3.4 oz) pkg. Instant Banana Pudding (can also use vanilla, cheesecake, or other favorite)
2 Cups Milk
2 (20 oz) Cans Pineapple Tidbits
2 (15 oz) Mandarin Oranges
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip (thawed)
1 Cup Shredded Coconut (optional)

I put the cans of fruit in the refrigerator to chill beforehand.  Remove fruit from fridge, open, and drain well. 
Mix the 2 pudding mixes and milk with a wire whisk until thickened.  Fold in thawed Cool Whip. 
Fold in all 4 cans of fruit and coconut.  Chill until ready to serve.
This makes a large amount so make it for a crowd or cut recipe in half. 

 

I took a quick picture at the cookout because I didn't get any during the making of the dessert.  There's not much to see anyway.  You just mix it all up in a bowl and done. 

It's so light and fluffy!  I like the coconut, but some people don't so you can omit it if you don't like it.  If you like it "fruitier", you might want to either add more fruit, or cut down on the fluff.  How's that for technical cooking talk? :)

~Dawn


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...