Thursday, September 6, 2012

That Dessert Stuff

It's been a whole week since my last post!  I think that's the longest I've gone since I started this blog last spring. :(  It's just been an unusually busy start to the school year.  Just when I think it's slowing down, it gets busy again. 
We were able to take a time out during the Labor Day holiday weekend and spend the day with family.  My son was home from college and I got to see some of my favorite people.

My two handsome sons, Kenny and Kelin, my niece, and Kenny's girlfriend, Demi (she actually belongs with guy in orange - not sure why she wasn't standing by him :))

We had a family picnic at my dad's and I brought a couple of yummy desserts.  This post will be devoted to That Dessert Stuff.  Yes, that's what it's called.  It got its name much like our Taco Crap dish did...my son didn't know what to call it and one day requestd "that dessert stuff you make."  The name stuck and now it's officially known as That Dessert Stuff.  I have to give a shout out to a friend and former coworker Donna M. for this crazy easy, yet delicious dessert!  It whips up in no time at all, is not too rich, and is always a hit. 

That Dessert Stuff

Ingredients:
1 box Honey Graham Crackers
2 (3.4 oz) pkg. Instant French Vanilla Pudding
2 Cups Milk
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip - thawed
1 Can Milk Chocolate Frosting

Mix 2 pkgs. pudding with milk with a hand mixer (or a whisk also works) on low until thickened.  Fold in thawed Cool Whip. 
Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with whole graham crackers.  Pour pudding mixture over crackers and spread evenly.  Add another layer of graham crackers on pudding mixture.
Melt frosting in microwave (in the can) for 30 seconds.  Stir.  Spread over graham crackers.  Regrigerate until frosting hardens (about 30 - 60 minutes). 

It's really that easy!

Graham cracker layer

Mix pudding and milk until thick.

Fold in Cool Whip.

Spread on crackers.

Add another cracker layer

Spreak chocolate frosting on top.

Eat!
 


I forgot to take a good picture of the final product so this one was a quick one at the cookout.  You can also see some of the Hawaiian Fluff behind it (that will be in my next post!).  This is such an easy dessert.  I always get requests for the recipe when I take it somewhere.  It's also not very rich so you can enjoy a good sized piece! :)  Give it a try for your next cookout.  I guarantee you'll get rave reviews!

~Dawn

I was part of this Linky Party!  Check it out!

Somewhat Simple Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...