Friday, November 23, 2012

Pumpkin Fudge

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving filled with family, food, and much needed relaxing.  We had one family dinner yesterday and I am hosting another one at my house tomorrow.  I even managed to do a little Christmas shopping in between.  One of the best parts of the Thanksgiving holiday is the food, of course.  I made scalloped corn and pumpkin fudge for yesterday's dinner.  I'll post the corn recipe at a later time.  Today I want to share the pumpkin fudge recipe.  This is a recipe I just stumbled across a couple of years ago while browsing at Every Creative Endeavor.  I LOVE this fudge!  I'm a huge pumpkin fan and can hardly make myself stop eating this!  It's not an overpowering pumpkin flavor - just enough that you know what it is.  It's pretty simple to make and I do not change the recipe one bit.

Pumpkin Fudge

1/2 cup sugar 
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoon butter
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 12 oz package vanilla baking chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla  

Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil, with the foil longer than the pan, spray the foil with non stick spray. In a heavy pan, combine the sugar, pumpkin, salt, milk, butter, and pumpkin pie spice.  Stirring constantly over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, and boil for 12 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla, marshmallows, and vanilla chips, until smooth. Pour into the foil lined pan. Cover and refrigerate until set. Dump set up candy onto cutting board. Lift foil off, and cut and enjoy!!
I didn't take any pictures of the fudge. :(  However, the picture on the website is pretty much what mine looks like, too (maybe not cut quite as perfect!).  If you love fudge and pumpkin, then this is definitely a recipe you want to try!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!
~Dawn
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...