Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Peachy Keen Bars

My favorite part of any meal is dessert! :)  I have a terrible sweet tooth. I love to try new desserts, too.  I found this recipe on Pinterest from Just a Pinch Recipes.  It seemed really easy and looked delicious and I hadn't tried a new dessert recipe for quite a while. Here you go...

Peachy Keen Bars

Ingredients:

1 pkg. dry cake mix, yellow or french vanilla (I used yellow)
1/3 C butter, room temperature
2 eggs, divided
29 oz. can light sliced peaches, drained (I used regular, not light, and it was just fine)
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 C sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg.  Mix with fork until crumbly.
Set aside 1 1/2 C of crumbs for topping.

Press remaining crumbs in bottom of prepared pan.  Bake for 10 minutes.

Cut peaches into 1" pieces.  Spoon onto partially baked crust.

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla.  Beat with a mixer until creamy.  Spread over peaches. 

Sprinkle with reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes. 

Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.  Store leftovers in fridge.  Serves 12.

Here's a recap in pictures:

Press crumbs into bottom of dish and bake for 10 minutes.

 
Spoon peaches over crust.  

 
Pour batter over peaches.


 
Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
 

 
Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.  

 
Eat a big serving!


 
I think that this dessert was delicious!  Kenny and Demi thought it was, too.  Lance said it was good, but it didn't earn his highest praise for some reason.  He's a picky dessert guy. :)  If I had any suggestions for changing this recipe, it would be to add more peaches.  I thought it was a little light on the amount.  Maybe adding one more smaller can would have been a good amount. Also, be sure the chill it for an adequate amount of time.  You need to let it cool down once it's out of the oven and then chill in the fridge for another 30 minutes (maybe an hour total).  I actually thought that the dessert was better the second day after sitting in the fridge overnight.  This is definitely a dessert I will make again!  It would probably be good with vanilla ice cream, too!  Now I wish I still had some left!
 
Enjoy!
~Dawn
 
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...