Tuesday, February 26, 2013

10 Things I Love About Snow Days

We're having a bit of a snowstorm here in the midwest.  A lot of people grumble about them, but I really don't mind the snow...as long as my power stays on!  Also, since I'm a teacher, a snowstorm generally means a snow day.  Now I know most teachers pray for snow days, but I don't.  I used to like them when my boys were little because we could play, watch movies, and have fun all day.  My boys are practically grown, one doesn't even live here most of the year and the other one is still in bed where he'll probably stay until noon at least.  When he wakes up, straight to the Xbox he will go.  I would much rather be in school when the weather outside is cold and nasty than go one day more at the end of the year when it's nice and you can be outside.  However, there's not a damn thing I can do about the weather so I might as well enjoy the unscheduled day off.  In that spirit, I decided to do a 10 Things I Love About Snow Days post since I haven't done one of those in ages.  You know what they say, "If you can't beat em, join em."

10 Things I Love About Snow Days

1.  Wearing pajamas all day.

2.  Movie fest!

3.  Playing games (if there's enough people snowed in with you to play).

4.  Being lazy.

5.  Hot chocolate.

6.  No responsibilities or pressure to get anything done.

7.  Reading, reading, reading.

8.  Catching up on scrapbooks

9.  Soup for lunch.

10. Of course the snow!!!!!

If you're getting hit with this storm, too, stay safe and warm!

~Dawn Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...