Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine Cookies

Yes, Valentine's Day was several days ago but my oldest son was home from college over the weekend and I just HAD to make him and his roommate some Valentine's cookies. I thought I'd share what I did with you.  These are simply Peanut Butter Blossoms with heart shaped chocolate instead of Hershey's Kisses.  I used Dove chocolates for mine, but any heart shaped chocolate would be fine.
You probably already have your own Peanut Butter Blossom recipe.  If you don't, you can follow the one I did from Recipe Boy.  It's a pretty standard recipe and was very good.  After you mix the dough, form into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.  Bake as directed.  When the cookies are done, top each one with a heart shaped chocolate candy (they use peanut butter filled hearts for their cookies), pushing down slightly.  Pop the tray back into the oven for a few seconds.  I don't even close the door because I'm always afraid I'll forget them!


After a few seconds in the oven to melt the candy into the cookies, let them cool on a wire rack.  After the tray is cool, I put the tray in the freezer so the candy will set back up.  If you don't, it will usually take a long time for the chocolate to get hard again.  


Aren't they so cute for Valentine's Day?????  I hear from my son's college roommate that they're delicious, too. :)

Enjoy!
~Dawn


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...