Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cheddar Biscuits

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I posted a recipe for Creamy Bacon Carbonara and I served Cheddar Biscuits with it?  I promised you the recipe and here it is!  I got the recipe from Six Sisters and they got the recipe from somewhere else.  So long story short, it's a copy cat recipe for Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits and they are delicious!  This recipe is pretty darn close to the original!

 
Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits
 
Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix

4 Tablespoons cold butter

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

3/4 cup cold whole milk

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

 

Brush on top:

2 Tablespoons butter, melted

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

Pinch of salt

 

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Bisquick and cold butter using a fork or pastry cutter. Don't combine too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in your mixture. Mix in cheese, milk and garlic powder by hand, only until combined. Drop 1/4 cup portions onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.

After they finish baking, remove the biscuits from the oven. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder, parsley and salt. Brush all of the garlic butter on top of the biscuits, making sure to use all of it. Makes 12 biscuits.

It's a pretty straight forward recipe.  I didn't change anything.  However, I would definitely go smaller than 1/4 cup portions because that makes a huge biscuit and I only got 9 biscuits making them that size.  As you can see, one biscuit was eaten before I even had time to take a picture!  (please ignore my disgusting looking baking sheet!!!)

 
 
These biscuits went really well with the pasta dish I served.  They are so easy to make and taste so good warm from the oven.  This is as close as you can get to Red Lobster without actually going!

 
I'm sure they're not low calorie, but who cares?!?!?!?!
 
Enjoy!
 
~Dawn

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...