Thursday, April 4, 2013

Rolo Stuffed Ritz

Maybe you've known about these delicious little treats for awhile. And if you have, why did you not tell me about them before?!!!!!!!!!! I stumbled across them on Pinterest one day and thought they had to be the perfect combination of sweet and salty with a splash of caramel. The original post came from Lick the Bowl Good. I finally had a chance to make them awhile back and let me tell you that I was not disappointed. 
The whole process is pretty self explanatory so here are some pictures:

I just bought 3 packs of Rolos.  FYI, there are 8 Rolos in an individual pack.  If you are making a lot of these, I'd buy the bag of singles.  The only problem there is that you have to unwrap each one.

 
Place a Rolo on each cracker and pop them in a 350 degree oven for about 3-5 minutes.  You want to soften, not melt the Rolo.  As soon as they come out of the oven, top each one with another Ritz.  

 
Let them cool completely before eating them.  Store in an airtight container. 

 
I have to admit that I really liked these better the second day after the flavors had completely melded together.  Kelin said they remind him of the Milano cookies and I agree that is a good comparison.  If you need a quick treat for a party or bake sale these would be perfect!
 
~Dawn
Somewhat Simple Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm following GFC from Friend Connect Blog Hop. please return the favor and follow me back at Evoluchun's Miscellaneous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...