Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grilled Spinach Dip Sandwich

I totally made this up!  Well, sort of.  I had seen this post a long time ago for a Spinach and Artichoke Melt. It sounded simply delicious!  I'm sure it is too given the yumminess of the ingredients listed in the recipe.  However, I'm not enough of a foodie to go to all that trouble to make it.  So I stuffed this recipe in the back of my mind in the little space I reserve for things I want to try someday.  Recently, I found myself with some extra spinach dip I had purchased from the store.  Not quite as good as homemade, but still pretty tasty.  So I bought a loaf of french bread and started grilling a sandwich.  I basically just made this the same way you would a grilled cheese, except I added about 2 tablespoons of the dip on the bread (my slices were fairly small - you could use more on larger bread slices).  I also used provolone cheese instead of the usual Kraft, barely cheese, slices we make regular grilled cheese with.  I must say that this made a pretty darn delicious lunch!


Ya, I've had this for lunch 3 times already in the last 4 days.  

~Dawn

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...