Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pineapple Better Than Sex Cake

I don't really like the name of this cake, but that's the name it had when I found it and I can't think of a better one.  So it sticks.
It is really good though!  Better than sex? Hubby says it's a super delicious cake, but the name goes a little too far. :)
I actually made a dessert last summer called Hawaiian Dessert that is similar to this.  However, I think this one is easier and tastes better.
It's made in much the same way as the original Better Than Sex cake that you might be familiar with.  I found the recipe on Mom's Who Think.  I followed it pretty closely, and WOOHOO was it good!!!!!

Pineapple Better Than Sex Cake

Ingredients:

1 Package yellow cake mix (and ingredients it calls for)
2/3 C sugar
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
1 (6 oz) package vanilla pudding mix (and milk to mix)
1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip
flaked or shredded coconut

Directions:

1. Grease and flour 9x13 cake pan and bake cake according to package directions.
2. Let cake cool slightly and poke holes in the top using handle of a wooden spoon.
3. Mix pineapple and sugar, pour over cake.
4. Mix pudding and pour over cake.
5. Chill cake in refrigerator.
6. Spread Cool Whip on cake and top with coconut.
7. Keep refrigerated.

Pretty easy and YUMMMYYYYY!  I used the handle of a wooden spoon to make the holes in the cake though so the pudding could really get down in there.   Also, the recipe says "cook" the pudding, but I used instant and it was just fine.  I didn't allow the pudding much time to totally set up so it poured easily over the cake.  I poured the pineapple/sugar mixture and the pudding over the cake while it was still a little warm. Then I refrigerated it until it was completely cooled.  After cooling, you can put the Cool Whip on top.
This cake is fairly light and not extremely rich or filling.  That means you can eat a rather large slice if you are so inclined! :)


Oh my goodness this is making me hungry!!!!  Try this the next time you're in the mood for a lighter dessert (and I don't mean lighter on calories!).  

Enjoy!

~Dawn



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...